Emergency Dental Care Sarasota, FL
At Supreme Smiles of Sarasota, we make it a priority to provide patients with dental emergencies same-day appointments. We understand how bad something as simple as a toothache can be, which is why we work hard to get you out of pain as soon as possible!
We also understand that emergencies can happen outside of regular office hours. When you call the office, please follow the prompts for after-hours emergencies for access to our on-call dentist.
Common Dental Emergencies
Our highly trained team makes it a priority to understand the particular needs of our patients, especially those who require emergency care. We treat these patients with extreme care and compassion. We also understand how stressful emergencies can be, so we pride ourselves on making the experience pleasant and as relaxing.
We provide emergency treatment including:
- Root canal treatment
- Surgical incision and drainage care
- Denture repairs
- Splinting avulsed (knocked-out) teeth
Do you know what to do in a dental emergency?
If you experience a dental emergency, it’s always best to contact our Sarasota dental office right away. Depending on the type of trauma, you may be able to take some steps to mediate your discomfort before you arrive at our office.
- Bitten lip or tongue: Compress the area with a clean piece of gauze. Apply ice to control swelling.
- Object caught in teeth: Try to remove the caught object with floss.
- Broken, chipped, or fractured tooth: Take over-the-counter pain medication if needed. Try to avoid cold or hot food/drinks that could irritate the exposed tooth structure. If you are able to, purchase temporary filling material from a local pharmacy and cover the broken area to limit exposure.
- Knocked-out tooth: Place the knocked-out tooth in a cup of milk and contact us immediately! We need to re-position this tooth as soon as possible.
- Toothache: Take over-the-counter pain medication if needed. Apply ice to your face if swelling is present.
- Broken jaw: Apply ice to the area. If this was in conjunction with a motor vehicle accident or any other physical trauma, seek medical attention immediately. You may have larger medical problems caused by this incident.